Rehabilitation of the Palacio de los Condes de Benavente
Rehabilitation of the Palace of the Counts of Benavente for its adaptation to a public library.
The construction of the building began in 1515 and it became the seat of the General Courts and the royal councils. It suffered serious fires in 1667 and 1716 and in 1801 the Valladolid Provincial Council acquired it to use it as a Hospice until the 1970s. In 1982 the Provincial Council ceded the building to the Ministry of Culture, and it was then transformed into the public library, after a reconstruction and rehabilitation operated in the ruined building, in order to recover and enhance its original typology.